Wednesday evening, February 26, 6 p.m. in the sanctuary
A TIME OF PRAYER
Beginning Ash Wednesday you are invited to begin a time of prayer using the Lectio Divinia Model for praying the Scriptures. You are invited to the church's sanctuary each Wednesday morning at 8:15 a.m. to meet with a group. If you are not able to meet with the group, please join in the daily Scripture readings.
- READ... the Scripture slowly and thoughtfully. What word or phrase captures your attention and grabs your heart? What makes you uncomfortable? What leaves you with questions? Linger with it whenever this happens.
- REFLECT... slowly and prayerfully reread the passage again. What is God saying to you in this passage? Offering you? Asking you? What feelings arise in you?
- RESPOND... Slowly and prayerfully read the passage again, maybe in another version. Respond to God from your heart. Speak to God of your feelings and insights. Offer these to God. You may want to journal your thoughts and prayer.
- REST... possibly read the Scripture again. Sit quietly in God's presence. Rest in God's love and listen.
SCRIPTURE READINGS (Sunday is skipped)
- DAY 1, Feb 26 - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (with 2nd reading substitute "GOD" for the word love
- DAY 2, Feb 27 - Psalm 51:1-12
- DAY 3, Feb 28 - 1 John 1:5-10
- DAY 4, Feb 29 - Romans 5:1-5
- DAY 5, Mar 2 - Romans 8:1-7
- DAY 6, Mar 3 - Psalm 62:6-9
- DAY 7, Mar 4 - Isaiah 43:1-7
A TIME OF REFLECTION
Beginning Ash Wednesday weekly Lenten devotionals will be held Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. at the Broken Bean (across the street from the church on McDonald Street). The book Lent in Plain Sight by Jill J. Duffield is the guide for this devotional time. Copies are available at the front desk.
First United Methodist Church, Minden LA
DATE: Sunday MARCH 1 2020
Beginning in worship
Continuing 1:30-4:00 pm
LOCATION: Fellowship Hall
SIGN UP at the Front Desk
$10 workbook fee (cash, check, or PushPay)